Friday, November 13, 2009

Thankful

I've recently thought of the many things I'm thankful for and here are a few: my health, my family, my extended family on both sides, Jesse's job, Jacqueline's health, my friends, the toys we're fortunate to buy, Jesse's handsome smile that melts me, organic frozen food for Maximus during times I need to make him food fast, Lysol wipes, hot showers, wine, expensive bed sheets, a toy room for Maximus, Fletcher making me laugh at anything, my Ugg slippers and GUYTIN (grandma) WATCHING MAXIMUS.

Grandma came over today to watch Maximus during my hair appointment. She arrived early, so I had time to go to the grocery store alone- usually I run down the isles with Maximus because my shopping is limited to the amount of time it takes him to finish a granola bar. I went to the salon and enjoyed myself. Jesse was home during the afternoon because he had a doctor appointment, so after my salon indulgence, he and I had time to go to dinner ALONE. We had sushi together and it was LOVELY. We don't go out to eat much because Maximus lasts about 3 minutes before he wants to get out of his highchair and run around the restaurant. Oh, how I love dinners alone with Jesse. We can talk, take our time and not worry about Maximus chucking a cracker across the restaurant with his incredible athleticism.

As I get older, I am grateful for different things. It's the simple things that make me happy these days. Listen to me, I sound so sentimental...but thank you Guytin. So much!

No comments: