Sunday, October 26, 2008

A much neeeded date night

We finally went on a date! We weren't itching to go out, but we realized that it'd be a good opportunity to have a few hours to ourselves. Jesse's parents watched Maximus while we drove to Lincoln to see Jesse's brothers band play.

I think the hardest part was the thought of being 80 miles away and allowing someone else to perform Maximus' "3 B's" (bath, bottle and bed). I've never been away from him for more than an hour and his night time routine is nearly sacred to me. We watched The Hand Me Down Kids play (and they sound really good live and totally know how to rock out) and we went to dinner. We shared one of my favorite dishes- escargot...mmm! Jesse pointed out that it was one of the few times in a restaurant that we weren't busy feeding Max vegetables or Organic O's.

After dinner, our plan was to visit a few of the many unique bars on "O Street". But as we walked away from the restaurant, we realized how much we missed our little Handsomer and we headed home instead. We got home around 11pm and heard what a good boy Max was for Jesse's parents. He got to play, go to the park, color on the walls and eat chocolate cake for dinner. (Well, minus the coloring and cake eating, he was still spoiled by Vicki and Dan) The 3 B's went smoothly and he was sound asleep.

I can't believe how much we missed Handsomer! We were gone for about 5 hours and I think we talked about him 98% of the time. It was a great evening and I'm glad we were able to go.

1 comment:

Amanda C said...

Dates are essential! I am glad you did it. But I am sure it felt good to get home to your little boy.