Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jackie's Journey (Part 2)

Jackie is acting happier after having her bandage off.  She has thirty something stitches across her 4 inch chest.  It goes from one side to the other and into her arm.  She sad a baseball sized tumor removed.  She's still sleeping through the day, like an old lady.  It's sad because she's acting completely different.  She was under the bed the other night for a couple of hours and I couldn't help but pet her.  I later sat on the couch (in the dark) and held her while I cried.  Yes, I'm totally in love with Jacqueline like she's my daughter, sorry if it's annoying.  She's a part of me and I can't help but replay what the vet told me: "Be prepared to not only hear that she's healthy, but be prepared to hear that she only has a few weeks left to live".  What?!  I can't prepare myself for that.  I told Starr today that if something happened to Jack, I just wouldn't make it.  Anyway, here's a photo of her nasty stitches.  

1 comment:

Starr said...

Aww I feel so bad seeing her like this, poor thing. We are hoping it's good news.