Thursday, May 28, 2009

White Trash Kid

This week has been killer! Jesse has two weeks off work (the first week he was in Salt Lake looking for a house) but this week he's been hanging out with Handsomer and me. Well, he seriously spends most of his time doing math in regards to a possible mortgage payment, researching the area we might buy in, etc. Anyway, we've been waking up later than normal and this morning I got this picture. Jesse's going to kill me for posting a picture of his chest hair! Ha!
Our days are spent doing whatever we want! We visited the museum, numerous playgrounds, going out to eat, yard work, playing, shopping, whatever we want! It's key! But I'm bracing myself for the 70 hours he'll probably have to work very soon. Today we went to the "Homo Depot" (as I like to call it- shout out to my homos!) and we got flowers and more tomato plants. Jesse's dad (who is the gardener from hell*) already gave me two tomato plants, but we figured I'd need more since I eat my weight in tomatoes daily in the summer. Yes, 300 pounds! Here's what I planted tonight! I'm so proud. It's the first time I've really ever planted anything since my strawberry pots at the Gateway condos, so I hope it goes well. Whenever I water my two tomato plants, I walk out and honestly say, "good morning dudes. Ready for water?" After I water them I say, "hang out in the sun for a bit". What a tard, I know. Anywho, here's my plants. Don't nay-say them, I planted them like an hour before I snapped a picture. After living in a few homes with the traditional vinyl siding, I can't stand it! Cookie cutter! Where's the personality?! Anyway, the home we hopefully close on is nothing like this.


My lilies and basil...

These are "the dudes" I talk to every morning...

These are pictures I got of Handsomer this evening. He's learning how to give up his second (afternoon) nap and I usually give him something rad to do instead, so he forgets about how tired he is. This afternoon/evening he played in the back yard in his plastic pool (that was attacked by some kind of animal). He was in his diaper because it was close to bedtime and I snapped these pictures only because he looked pretty ghetto. C'mon...a diaper, a fair skinned child who is nearly allergic to the sun (unlike his Greek goddess mother) and only surfaces at night, a Nascar toy (which he totally digs) and the fact that we're in Nebraska!




*"from hell" is a registered Vicki statement.

No comments: