Monday, June 1, 2009

The 10 Minute "Babysitter"

I needed to get a few things done at home this morning before Maximus an I went to the store.

The things he wanted to "help" with:


1. Putting on my makeup and blow drying my hair- he likes to destroy the bathroom and if I close him out, he usually gets into something on the other side of the house because he's pissed that he's not in the bathroom destroying it.

2. Loading/unloading/folding laundry- difficult to do because we have a separate laundry room and Jacqueline's food is kept in it because Handsomer STILL eats it! I open the door and his dodo is instantly in her water dish or he's digging in her dry food.

3. Cleaning up his toys- Maximus has his very own playroom. He also has toys in his bedroom, our bedroom, the living room and the kitchen. Those who know my past know that I was once diagnosed with OCD and although I'm tons better, I can't leave my house looking like a tornado ripped through a toy store.
No way.

Anyway, I know my list is pretty lame but I'm a stay at home mom who sticks to routine. We needed to go to the store early today because there was a strong possibility of a tornado this afternoon. I wasn't concerned about the tornado, I just didn't want to be in the parking lot with a bunch of groceries in the midst of hail. So here's my point: I did something I said I would never do! I made Maximus his whole wheat waffles and banana and actually moved his highchair into the living room directly in front of the tv! He likes Handy Manny and a few others, but only for about 15 minutes. He doesn't like tv much...THANK GOD. (I never want my kids to be "indoor" kid because they're too into gaming and shit on tv. Get up and move and go outside. I'd rather him hurt from falling out of a tree than sitting in front of the tv with Cheetos...which he's never had) So he sat in front of the tv and ate his breakfast (while getting crumbs on the carpet) while mom got ready. So lame. I hate when I even hear jokes about "tv being the babysitter", but I think it's less ridiculous for 10 minutes.

I snapped a couple pictures...

No comments: