Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's Ugly, but it's Good

I love recreating recipes that Jesse loves, but aren't necessarily good for him. Two of his favorite things are cheesecake and lemon flavored desserts. As I've stated before, I don't like baking and I'm nothing close to a decent baker. I experimented with lemon cheesecake and was successful!

Of course I didn't write down how I made this, but I virtually eliminated all the sugars and cut the fat way down. I'd say by 90%. There is no sugar in the filling and only in the graham cracker crust. This ugly cheesecake is almost entirely organic with the exception of the Smart Balance Light I used in binding the crust.

I know it's a winner because when I came into the house last night from watering my tomatoes, Jesse and Maximus were sitting on the floor in the kitchen sharing two large pieces of it. Jesse said he can't believe how amazing it tastes for being somewhat of a healthy cheesecake. What a guy! And the proof is when Max takes a bite, nods, raises his eyebrows and says "Mmm!"

1 comment:

Jake and Courtney said...

That sounds delicious. Your such a good wifey & mom. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one with BUG problems. I have had earwigs galore out my back door all summer long. One even came to bed with me and crawled in my ear. I kid you not, it woke my ass right up. SICK HUH? Anyway my favorite editing sight is picnik.com. It's free but some of the editing tools ask for you to sign up and it's $25 for a year. I love it though. So much fun.