Friday, January 29, 2010

Stacey's Yapping About Health Food? What?!


Guess what? It's another blog post about healthy eating! Aren't you sick of hearing me rant and rave about food already? TOO BAD!

I've been trying to buy some food staples (bread, eggs, milk, honey, produce) locally. I feel bad for the local farmers/bakeries that suffer because Wal Mart is taking over, so I do what I can...which probably isn't noticed, but I still feel good. ANYWAY, I bought some bread today that is the healthiest I've ever seen. It's from a Lincoln bakery and it's a 9 grain organic bread that's made with quinoa, millet, barley, stone ground wheat, spelt, rice, corn, possibly sprouted grass and/or dirt, etc. The point is that it's super healthy and they didn't feel the need to throw in any additives either.

I opened it up and asked Maximus if he wanted a bite and he took one, stepped back, widened his eyes and said, "mmm...yeah!" He ended up eating a full natural peanut butter sandwich on it saying, "mmm!" the whole time.

His lunch consisted of:
2 slices of the crazy hippie health bread
about 2 tbsp natural chunky peanut butter
an entire can of V8 (yuck!)
8oz of organic whole milk
handful of dried soybeans
pressed fruit for dessert

I feel like a successful mother when I see my kid enjoying such healthy food. Okay, I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Thanks for reading.

No comments: