Monday, August 16, 2010

Great News!

Last week I learned that I am still cancer free! We're on five years baby!

While I'm at it, I'll update the 3 people who read my blog about us. This weekend we are going...wait for it...ON VACATION! Jesse has never, ever taken an official vacation in his life. Ever! The poor guy has worked so hard and is finally going to enjoy himself this weekend in Copper Mountain, Colorado. We are so grateful and fortunate to have have this opportunity to go. It's going to be time spent in the mountains with bikes and great people. I can't wait to see the mountains again! I love Lincoln, but I really miss mountains. The street we used to live on in Salt Lake City actually dead ended into a mountain. And Maximus will probably flip out when he sees them. So excited! Three days left! I was lucky to grow up with a cabin to retreat to with family and friends. Our cabin is/was in June Lake, California. It's a small ski town and totally beautiful. Copper is like that too. I feel like I'm a kid going to the cabin again! I'm totally rambling on and on, but I'm so excited!

We have been so fortunate to have Jesse take time off work. He hasn't worked in like, three months and this time off is well deserved. He used to work so hard. So, so hard. He would only see Maximus and me less than 20 hours a week. With his time off we've done some thinking. We're making a few life-adjustments and we'll see what happens. Life is too short to not do something that makes you happy, right?

No comments: