Saturday, January 29, 2011

Heat Wave

It's expected to be almost 40 degrees again today! That's a heat wave for us. Jackie is taking advantage of the warm sun by sunbathing on the deck. She LOVES laying in the sun- her little black ears heat up.

I took advantage of the warmth by being like my father and going for a long run. It was pretty cold in the shade (20 degrees) but the sun beating down on my black running tights was wonderful. I found the trails that the city plows the snow from and went for it. I still can't believe we live here because it still feels like vacation! Here's part of the trail that ran alongside the stream. Crisp mountain air and the silence of running alone was peaceful.

Jesse is taking advantage of the warmth by riding his bike to Breckenridge and meeting Maximus and me for lunch and an ice sculpture contest. Aaaaand...pizza at Eric's! That place is sooooo good with their garlic whole wheat crust. He's looking forward to warmer riding closer to Denver tomorrow afternoon while Maximus and I shop!

No comments: