Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our Day

It was BEAUTIFUL today. Mid 30's (zip it, Southern California) and sunny! For once my fingers and toes didn't get cold while we were at the ski resort.

Before we went to Keystone Resort, we went for a drive in this epic neighborhood we are fortunate to live in. Our house is at the base of mountain and from it you can see these gigantic homes waaaaay up in the mountains. Yesterday we drove a little, but I really wanted to see more today. When some of these homes were built, very little tree removal was done to the property, so they are surrounded by thick pine and aspen trees. It is SO us. Here's a shot from one of the small roads toward the top where there weren't any more homes: (I got all these photos from my stupid cell phone, so they aren't great)


I came across this tiny place and couldn't believe no one lived in it. If that was my vacation home, I'd be on vacation permanently.


Now THIS is my dream home. It was at the very top road in the middle of the woods. The view was breathtaking. I love it because it sits down from the road, it's dark and earthy, there isn't a neighbor's house 10 feet away, it's surrounded by thick trees (and I'm sure bears), the deck out back was the entire length of the house and the home is more spread out than it is tall. The kitchen faces the amazing view and of course, there is a hot tub. I'm sure it's a few million bucks, but I can't shake this house from my mind. I love where we live and our house is amazing, but I'm just saying.


So we went to Keystone Resort. Here's Lake Dillon frozen over. I can't wait to see it in summer.


Maximus being epic on his snowboard. I can't believe how good he's getting. This kid is such an athlete and I'll keep giving him the opportunities as long as he's having fun. His new thing is to jump as he boards. He can't stop when he's going fast, but he wants to jump.


We came home and it was still warm(ish) and I was dying to stay outside. We ended up taking Jackie for a walk on the bikes. We realized his snowboarding helmet/goggles is perfect for cold weather riding.


We came in and noticed our neighbors dog. She always comes over and plays through the window and it's adorable! She's 10 months and crazy. Everyone up here has a large dog and they're rarely on leashes.

So, just an average day but I have to stop and catch myself- it feels like we're on vacation! It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to and we're so lucky to be here! The vast, wild beauty here almost brings me to tears.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HE SOOO HAS JESSE'S MANNERISMS-JESSE JUNIOR!!

Roundy Clan said...

That first picture is awesome cell phone or not! It is so pretty and I love the picture of Maximus snow boarding. YOu guys rock as parents. :)