Monday, March 7, 2011

Little Athlete

When Maximus was a baby, I used to dress him in those onesies that had little basketballs on them that read, "Little MVP" or "Future All Star". They must have worked- our kid is all about sports and being active.

The other day in preschool, Maximus and a buddy were playing catch. Maximus kept throwing the ball to his friend, who wasn't able to catch it very well. Finally Maximus goes, "Caak uh ball!" (Catch the ball) and his teacher had to explain to him that most kids his age aren't the best at catching the ball. Maximus' gross and fine motor skills are off the chart. I loved saying that I could swim, play catch and ride bikes with my 2 year old.

Yesterday as I worked out, Jesse and Maximus played basketball in the gym. Maximus was all excited- he put his basketball in Jesse's gym bag, wore his new Air Jordan basketball shoes and his Air Jordan sweatband. Each time I ran a lap, I could see them down below on the court shooting hoops. Maximus literally sprinted and dribbled the ball the entire time. He was one happy kid. As my mom says, "he's such a jock."

No comments: