Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Visit From Papa Barch


Thank you, dad for visiting. It honestly was one of the best times of my life.

I love and miss my parents very much. I delight when they visit and this last weekend my father came up to see the snow, us and his 3 year old grandson. Let me start off with publicly thanking him for taking over my role during his visit. I never once gave Maximus a bath or put him to bed. My dad politely pushed me aside and enjoyed the routine things I do as a mom. Maximus was all about Papa Barch this weekend and was his little redheaded Velcro. At night he clung to my dad and my dad slept and got kicked in the face by traveling Maximus.

When we dropped off my dad at the airport yesterday, Maximus lost it in a way I've never seen. It's like he was hurt when he realized Papa Barch was leaving. He screamed and threw a giant fit, which made me cry. We shopped around for a bit until we both felt a little better. All day today Maximus asked, "when Papa Barch come my house?" He pointed out the snow mounds that he and Papa Barch climbed and sat on. He frequently said out of the blue, "me wuv Papa Barch".

Maximus loves all 3 sets of his grandparents and visits like these are very special. I was so touched this past weekend. Jesse said this evening, "your dad really gets around great for a man his age" and it's true. Don't ever try and keep up with him at the gym. The man's cardio routine is insane.

Thanks for visiting, Papa Barch. You and mom are my inspiration.

No comments: