Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fits

This morning I woke up to this:
I think it's beautiful! Anyway, Maximus and I had a great morning together before I took him to school. He giggled as I got him dressed, ate his oatmeal with his Scentsy monkey "Molly", drank a protein shake with me and we sang on the way to school. He was such a buddy. Look at his beautiful hair, I cut the bangs out of his eyes. Jesse wants the entire thing trimmed and frankly, I think he's daft.
When I picked up Maximus from school, he had that "look". I knew he was about to be a total butt face. His teacher told me he was good, but he was a little feisty. He ran out of his classroom and into the boys' restroom and screamed. Like, that super loud scream that makes your ears pop off your head. I bolted straight in and picked him up and all hell broke loose. I carried him out of the school screaming, kicking and slapping. I felt so bad that he disturbed the other classes! He threw his fit nonstop during the drive and for 45 minutes at home. I don't let him throw fits around the house, so he has to stay in his room until he's calm, says he's sorry and can tell me why he was put in his room in the first place. Dude, that took forever. He screamed in his room, threw books, kicked the door, even tried to pick up his bed to tip it over. Seriously, kid? He held onto the train conductor hat my parents brought to him when we lived in Lincoln. I made him clean up his mess and told him to lay down with the hat and he did. He fell asleep within seconds holding the hat. Geez...I was seriously beginning to think he was possessed. Worst fit ever!

1 comment:

Roundy Clan said...

I hate days like that too! Seems like you handled it well though. Some days I handle it well and some days I don't. :) I love that he still has his jacket on!