Friday, April 29, 2011

Our Easter

What a great day! We woke up to this:

The day prior, Maximus colored some eggs and made a little hanging circle Easter craft.


The Easter bunny enjoyed hiding eggs in the snow!

I found out my dear friend, Heather, was going to be in Denver during Easter weekend. I was SO excited to see her. The last time I saw her was when Maximus was 13 weeks old. She's one of my closest friends- we met as roommates in college and have been best buds ever since. We've been through a lot together and once we saw each other, we were back to our gutter humor, tears and hugs within seconds. She was in love with Maximus. She couldn't believe a 3 year old could be so personable and friendly. She held him close, told him she loved him and kept kissing him. He was in love with her too.

And he loved Heather's husband, Cleon. Oh man, they even danced in the restaurant!
He also loved Heather's niece!

As I hung out with Heather, Jesse went and rode his bike. He rode a great mountain singletrack trail, then I forgot to pick him up so he ended up riding 47 miles around Denver. In the rain. Then got lost because there are two Wadsworth Streets and we couldn't find him. 47 miles later, I located a tired and wet Jesse.

The drive back up the mountain to our home.

It actually was a great Easter. Maximus really enjoyed finding coins, raisins, dinosaurs and finger puppets in plastic eggs hidden in the snow. Jesse got a great ride and I saw my dear. We all slept like rocks that night.

No comments: