Thursday, June 23, 2011

Go Jesse Pops!

Jesse after his race yesterday. It was in Breckenridge and I thought he died when he finished. He crossed the finish line covered in dirt and blood, got off his bike and laid in the road. He didn't get up. His poor legs were done and so was he. He got up, swore, laughed, kissed Maximus and me, got a beer (actually a decent recovery beverage) and ate a peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat sandwich. He was so happy. I love seeing him like that. What a fun race to be at. Maximus threw rocks into the river with other kids as I socialized. I love it here!


2 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm going to have to try one of those Wednesday races next time we come up. Castle Rock was fun but I want to get into the mountains. This is Ryan by the way.

Stacey said...

Ryan! Yes, come up. Seriously, this race was HUGE. It happens every other Wednesday and it was insane. So much fun. I wish Nebraska would take advantage of what we have up here.