Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Visit From Val


My friend Valerie visited us last week. I met her 5 years ago, when I hired her at Hilton. I remember how fun it was to interview her. We laughed the whole time! Since meeting her, spent a lot of time together. She is the one who dragged me to the bar the night that I met Jesse! She's responsible for us meeting and hey, even little Maximus! After she got married, she moved to England with her British husband. In the last few months, he was transferred to Dubai, where they currently live. She came back to the states to see her family and friends. Her family lives in Denver, so we were able to spend a few days together at our house. WHAT FUN. I introduced her to a few of my friends here and they loved her! I think my friends like her more than they like me! Hahaha! She has got to be one of the warmest and funny people I know. Jesse and I laughed with her the entire time.


Jesse and Valerie with their insanely LARGE toes. Freaks.


Earlier in the day, Maximus called both Valerie and myself "mommy", so here is our little polygamist family! (Kidding to those who don't get it)

We went and toured some old cabins in Frisco. They've been restored and are actually really cool to see. We are both a couple of kitchen china freaks! We saw this old set and died. Look how adorable it is! We were in heaven.


During her visit, there would be times where we were walking around and we would stop to hug and tell each other how happy we were to see each other. I love her. She's such a strong, intelligent and kind gal. And totally crazy. Maximus calls her "super cool Balawie".

No comments: