Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Barch Family Week Reunion!!!

Last Tuesday my ENTIRE family came to visit. It was a big deal to us because I haven't seen them all in a long time. Maximus hadn't met my sister and her family, so I was excited beyond words. It was the best week of my life! Oh how I've missed my family!

They all got in Tuesday afternoon/evening and we met at my house. We just hung out and caught up. Maximus was thrilled to be with 9 cousins! Here's a picture of me with Simon, Bryn and Maximus.

My health nut sister showed up with a bag of goodies from Trader Joe's! She knows the way to my heart!

Maximus and Jared in the woods.

This is Emma. She's the oldest. I loved that she wanted to learn about quinoa and went for a run early every morning.

My brother with his son Simon. They are twins.

A few of the cousins on a log bridge during our hike. The girl in the white shirt is Addie, and she is only 14. She's the size of a junior in high school, just like I was. She's taking after her Aunt Stace!

Maximus and my sister's oldest, Eliza.

Grandpa Barch with most of his grand kids.

I love this picture! Cousins Maximus and Simon in the woods. These two played all the time.

Maximus and cousin Bryn.

Most of us during our hike one morning. Jesse was at work, my sister's husband Jason had work to catch up on in the hotel room and dad was taking the picture.

Emma, Addie, Eliza and Jared.

Jason, my brother's wife Holly, me, Maximus and Emma before boarding the roller coaster in Breckenridge.

My brother and his family: Addie, my bro, Holly, Simon, Emma, Bryn and Eli.

My sister and her family: Mary, Nathan, my sis, Jason, Jared and Eliza.

Maximus and his buddy Eli.

All the cousins! I love this!

Our little family.

We had a catered dinner one evening at the beautiful Silverthorne Pavilion. We had a private room and patio. It was the perfect evening!

Chimayo did the catering. Us Barch's LOVE our Mexican food!

Chimayo supplied us with barbacoa, grilled chicken, beans, guac, lettuce, cilantro, rice, 3 salsas, sour cream, tortillas, cheese, lime, and TONS of leftovers! It was delicious!


I watched my sister's youngest Jared one morning as his family went white water rafting. He and Maximus cuddled in bed watching a show about sharks!

Most of my family is Mormon, so they went to church as my brother went to his Catholic church Sunday morning. I wanted to make them all lunch after services, so I made sandwiches and a late of quinoa with roasted vegetables.

This is what was left after my brother's kids attacked the quinoa. I love that they loved it! Success!

It was such a fun week. The memories were wonderful and we even got to celebrate my parent's 44th wedding anniversary! We did so much when they were here. The four oldest girls stayed in our basement- Emma, Eliza, Addie and Mary. I have never had such wonderful house guests before and these were teenagers! Each day they made their beds, they never left stuff laying around and they even watched Maximus as I ran one morning. They were polite, they did their breakfast dishes and they were up early and ready to go! Jesse and I were both impressed with those young women. We agreed that it's obvious they and their siblings are raised well and will be delightful women. They even left me 'thank you' notes!

All my family has left and now I miss them. It's sad. But what a wonderful week. This summer has been great with all of our family visiting from both sides.

No comments: