Saturday, September 10, 2011

Last Race of the Season

Jesse's last mountain race was today. It was a beautiful, crisp, cool fall feeling day and we spent it in Breckenridge cheering him on.

Next is the most entertaining racing of all- cross! (Cyclocross) Hopefully my doctor will give me the okay to do a couple races this fall.

Maximus and I went to a tiny cafe after Jesse started his race this morning. I was feeling sick like usual and together Maximus and I had the best breakfast ever! I found a place in Breckenridge that is little, specialized and extremely cozy. Maximus had a whole wheat blueberry scone with a blueberry flax smoothie and shared my eggs with tomatoes and spinach, homemade whole wheat toast and chicken sausage. Our entire breakfast was not only organic, but everything was made from scratch. We sat at a small table with the sun coming in and warming us up, with views of the mountains. What a great little date.

We spent the rest of the time laying in the grass waiting for Jesse to come across the finish line. It was a really enjoyable day.


No comments: