Thursday, October 16, 2008

The arrival of Maximus Lane "Handsomer" Sherwood - February 1, 2008


"Handsomer" is Maximus' nickname. I used to say that each nap made him handsomer and handsomer, so that' s what I've been calling him.

Maximus was born February 1st, 2008. It's funny, we weren't really trying to get pregnant, we just thought about it and decided that we wouldn't prevent it any longer. Any what do ya know? I already was!

I'll be honest...the nine months sucked. I'm definitely not one of those freaks who "enjoys" being pregnant. No way. I was sick, exhausted, gaining a mess of weight, experiencing heartburn for the first time, not sleeping well and just miserable.

Max was born seven days early because I had pre-ecplampsia. I remember getting an epidural, but I don't think it worked because I felt everything. My friend told me that she didn't even know when her daughter came out because her epidural was working so well. Lucky bitch!

They pulled Max out and he wasn't breathing. I barely remember Dr. Laurel saying, "sorry dad, you're not going to be able to cut the cord" but I do remember seeing her smaking Max's butt and saying, "c'mon and breathe for us, buddy". He finally started breathing and I heard his faint cry. It was the biggest relief I've ever experienced. 6 lbs. 12 ounces and 19 inches long.


1 comment:

Amanda C said...

He is so cute! Congrats again...I think I have told you that at least 100 times.