Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween from Handsomer

I don't know why I didn't entertain the thought of taking Maximus trick-or-treating until the last minute. When Jesse got home from work, I informed him of my brilliant idea and he seriously looked at me like I had lobsters crawling from my ears. He said something about Maximus being far too young, but I wasn't going to listen to any form of "no". I ended up dragging Jesse's 6'5 anti-social ass out of the house while I was whining things like, "but it's his FIRST Halloween, you moron! You HAVE to take a zillion pictures and quit being such a grinch!"

We spotted a "trunk-or-treat" at the elementary school a block away. (I used to make fun of those types of things...but now that I'm a mom, I'm totally for the safe and sappy things) Maximus "trunk-or-treated" for about 6 minutes and had a stash of 8 pieces of candy. We came home and I wrapped up his candy with the date and put it with his keepsake baby things. He was so, so tired.

2 comments:

Jake and Courtney said...

Jesse...MR. ANTI-SOCIAL!!!! LAMO! Ha Ha Maximus looks so cute. I'm so glad you took him trick or treating :) I bet he loved it!

Amanda C said...

I am glad you did it..six pieces of candy and all. He is so cute in his costume!