Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Correction

I was wrong about Max's height. Maximus is 30 1/2 inches tall. I'm glad Jesse was able to go to the appointment with me, even if I had to take him back for shots a few days later. They told me to come in anytime and it'd only take a moment, and it did. We just stopped by (without appointment), they gave him shots, he cried, I hugged him and he was happy as usual. And Max didn't get sick because his shots weren't spaced out 2 weeks. That's actually a myth. If a kid has an a nasty infection, they recommend waiting a week, but that was not Maximus' case. Vaccinations make even the healthiest kid act sick for a day. I called his doctor today (just to make sure) and said he caught the flu that was going around. No big deal. Whew. Jesse and I are doing a decent job as parents after all!

I had to put our younger dog, Claire down today. It was the worst experience of my life. I'll write about it later. I told only a couple of people and I want to thank them for calling me with support.

No comments: