Sunday, February 8, 2009

A sick little Handsomer

Maximus woke up sick this morning. He slept over 12 hours last night and woke up screaming. Jesse went in and noticed he was burning up and the poor little boy was totally shaking. We took his temp and called his doctor. Turns out 102.8 will land you in the ER.

I really don't know why I grabbed the camera on the way out the door. Handsomer was pretty relaxed until we went into one of the trauma rooms. He lost his mind and screamed until he passed out. I think the room reminded him of the nasty shots he had Thursday. The little boy in the room next to us was vomiting like there was no tomorrow. I've never heard a kid throw up before, and it's the saddest thing. (By the way...Max is 31 and 1/2 inches tall and 20.7 pounds)

Jesse shot this picture and his sad eyes almost make me cry. He just looks so sick.The poor little boy trembled as he clung to me. Be nice- I have no make up on, my hair isn't done and had like 2 minutes to change out of my pj's
This is him on the way home. I can't get over how sad his eyes look. His cheeks are red from his fever. I hope he gets better soon. It's unfair for a little, innocent baby to be sick. His temperature was 104.5 after his nap! Jesus, this is crazy!

3 comments:

Carly said...

He looks so sad! Poor little boy! I hate when my kids are sick, it stress's me out! I hope he gets better fast!

Jake and Courtney said...

Ohhh that just breaks my heart. I hope he gets better soon. :(

Starr said...

Oh he really looks like he feels so crappy. Poor guy :( I'm glad he's feeling better now. And I am sooo soo sorry about the doggy deal. That is just awful. Call me anytime love! I am off Friday at 3.