Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Refurbished Collar

We had a collar laying around that made me cry whenever I looked at it.  It was the one Claire wore when she came to us.  It was just a basic webbed collar with a typical polka dot ribbon trim.  It was dirty and old and looked pretty beat up.  I didn't want to continue crying over it and I didn't want to stash it away somewhere that we'd forget about.  

I took it apart, removed the trim and saved the webbing and pink hardware.  I sewed a new trim on it, added a bow and sized it to Jackie's neck.  Now she wears it and since I'm all sentimental, it makes me feel like she's still around.  I swear, sometimes I catch a glimpse of her or hear the sound of her shaking her ears.  I never believed in stuff like that until she passed.  Here are a few pictures of Jacqueline modeling the refurbished collar.  It's really not special looking and looks like you can buy it anywhere.  Definitely not the most fashionable collar I've made, but by far, it's the most meaningful.



2 comments:

Jake and Courtney said...

Ahhh thanks for your nice words. Your so sweet. :) I can't imagine how my brother felt because I felt horrible and she wasn't even my dog. Just part of the fam you know...Pets really do become like children. I went home yesterday after I heard about my brother's dog and just loved on my big dogs. LOL* They are the only thing that can't talk back to you and even when you get pissed they still want to love you and kiss your face. :) I'm sorry you are still having a rough time...it's just like losing a member of the family that's for sure!!

Christy said...

Oh, that is a really good idea to use the collar again, instead of it being a completely sad thing. Jackie looks pretty in it.