Monday, March 9, 2009

Wonderful weekend

Our weekend rocked!  Although the weather was bad, it was so nice to have Jesse home both Saturday and Sunday!  For the next three weeks, he'll have the entire weekend off!  Friday afternoon, Max and I drove to Jesse's work and picked him up so we could visit the Apple store in Omaha.  Max screamed for the whole ride to Jesse's work.  It was only an hour and a half drive!  That's Stacey being sarcastic.  Jesse actually works in the middle of nowhere.  I drove for an hour through cornfields after I got off I-80.  Wow.  It was creepy because all I saw were old farm houses.  Anyway, we went to Omaha and got another iMac!  Apple released the newest version and Jesse had to have it, even though we just bought one like 9 days ago.  We got home at midnight and crashed.  

Saturday morning, we both got our hair done.  Jesse is currently sporting a hawk that's hot!  I have a new, short and sleek bob.  That night we had a "date night" and stayed in.  Jesse's parents stopped by with many gifts for Handsomer, then we grilled dinner (in the freezing cold), made awesome pomegranate martinis, put an exhausted Handsomer to bed and watched season two of 30 Rock on Blu-Ray.  We even sat in the garage and had cigars!  It was such a fun night!  Those of you who have your husband around all weekend are lucky.  Appreciate it!  I only wish Jesse worked normal business hours, but he doesn't.  Aww...I love spending time with him, Max and Jackie at home.  It's seriously a near-perfect life.  (all we need now is to be back home in Salt Lake and have friends over for summer time bbq's!)

Friday morning-he's wanting the kids two doors down to play.


We love the iMac so much that we had to get two...but only for 24 hours.  We returned to smaller one because we got the upgraded, new, sick one!

Maximus' new favorite toy.  He'd climb up on it, stand and then turn circles laughing.  He doesn't know how to get down safely; he walks off the side and biffs it.

2 comments:

Jake and Courtney said...

Jesse sportin the mohawk? That's awesome! I need a pic...I love hawks. LOL* I'm glad you guys enjoyed your weekend together. Hope your all doing so great.

Roundy Clan said...

Yes my husband has to travel for weeks and sometimes months at a time, but when he is home he is home by 5 most nights and has Saturdays and Sundays off. We think its a fair trade off! haha I'm glad you had a good weekend!