Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Baby Shark & Dodo" by Oliver Peck

Oliver Peck is one cool dude.  He's TINY!  We were stunned at his speed and detail.  The man did a piece in an hour and a half that normally takes artists 4 hours.  Jesse got tattooed first because I was so nervous.  Once I saw the drawing Peck did for Jesse's tattoo, I stole it.  I had a few changes (colors, layout, name spelling and Peck trademark) but we pretty much have the same tattoo.  We both have a shark chasing a dodo (pacifier) with a banner that says Maximus.  Maximus on Jesse's arm in is English and it's in Greek on mine.  (All my writing on my other arm is in Greek, too).
I'm a wuss when I get tattooed.  Jesse sat like a champ.  In my opinion, the results are worth it.  I'll post close up pictures of the work in a few days.  Our arms are swollen and not even close to being healed.   
Peck is just a cool little skater dude from Texas.  He was really funny and he was shockingly candid about his ex-wife.  (I can't write what he said about her!)  It was so much fun and we plan on having him do more whenever he's in the area or in Salt Lake.  I'm amazed at his talent.  After getting tattooed by him, Jesse said it'd be hard to go to anyone else.  



Jesse's either a giant or Peck is pocket-sized...
  

1 comment:

Jake and Courtney said...

That rocks! Post pics as soon as you can. I want to see :)