Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Greek Chicken with Orzo

So good! And the easiest thing ever! I used my trusty Crock Pot and was able to capture authentic Greek flavors while making it taste fresh. I added the orzo and fresh lemon juice and peel in the last 30 minutes and it was awesome! You can pretty much go Greek if you use oregano, lemon, garlic, rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives. Mmm! It looks sort of ugly, but it was so good. So good. You can pretty much figure out how to make this by looking at the pictures. There was no added fat and when you only use whole foods to cook with, you can't go wrong health wise. I really think that people would live until they're 100 if they quit eating fast food, packaged foods and enriched/refined foods. But that's just me preaching.

This is the creation on low for 5 hours. It looks scary to those who haven't tasted real Greek food. I think Greeks live forever because of the good fats and lean meat they eat. And the fact that they're Greek. Jesse is going to make fun of me for this one. He thinks our son isn't half Greek...uh, okay...

No comments: