Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Time Out

Maximus went into my sewing desk and pulled out a container of hand needles. He shattered the box they were stored in and scattered the needles all over his playroom (that's also my sewing room) and hallway and who knows where else. He actually knows he is not allowed to open the drawers of my antique sewing desk, but just in case, I've removed my scissors and other dangerous things. Jesse and I noticed how oddly quiet he was and we heard his quiet giggles every so often. I checked on him and nearly hit the floor when I saw that he was playing with sharp needles! What a fantastic mother I am! We decided to sit him in his chair and point to the desk and ask him, "Maximus, are you supposed to play with mama's sewing desk?" (He knows he's busted when we use the words "are you supposed to...") He sat like a good boy in "time out" for one minute because he's one year old. I think he understood. It was pretty amazing. He sat quietly and hasn't touched the desk since.

No comments: