Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sandra Lee's "Semi-Homemade" is Semi-Disgusting


I watch Food Network almost daily and I almost dislike Sandra Lee as much as Rachael Ray. The only reason she's a step above Rachael is because I was watching her show when my water broke and I started hard labor. I don't know how either of them still have shows. Food Network, you can hire me to replace them!

Anyway, today Sandra was using saffron with INSTANT RICE! That's such an insult to saffron! I have never seen saffron priced less than $85 per ounce, so why would someone add it to cheap instant rice?! It's flavor is beautiful and in my opinion, it should be used simply. Don't complicate it by pairing it with cheap ingredients or other strong flavors. Maybe pairing it with lemon and a few chives would be acceptable, but don't risk it. And to top it off, she added dried cherries to her ghetto rice dish. Gaah!

1 comment:

FamilyCozz said...

Thats great. I detest those two. Now we have the newest member of the FN family to add to that mix. What a joke