Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What the HELL are these creatures?!

I'm a bit of a clean freak. Those who know me know that a mess terrifies me. I can't sit down and relax if there are toys out or dishes to be put away. It could be my childhood O.C.D diagnosis or the fear of germs my oncologist instilled in me during cancer treatment. Anywho, we keep Jacqueline's extra food under the sink. I pull the bag out every evening to fill her food bowl and tonight...I saw these:
They are tiny! I honestly don't know what a maggot looks like because I've never seen one. Are these maggots or what the hell are they?! They are so tiny that I couldn't get a clear close up of them. You'll have to click on the picture and squint to see them better. Has ANYONE seen these? They were obviously attracted to Jackie's dog food and they died with one squirt of Windex and a Lysol wipe. GAAH!!! I hate stuff like this in my home!

5 comments:

Christy said...

I... do not know. :( Sorry for my useless comment. Just wanted to sympathize with you.

Carly said...

Those don't look like any fun... But I did want to let ya know that the picture of you guys is so cute. Your baby is turning into a cute boy! I can't believe how fast time goes by.

Amanda C said...

Damn! I cannot remember what they are. We had them in Florida. We could never keep pasta, flour, etc. for a long period of time of we would get these. If I remember I will let you know. Your family pic on the front page is adorable. You are stunning as always.

Amanda C said...

This is all I could really find. This may or may not be what they are.

http://www.stretcher.com/stories/00/001002a.cfm

Stacey said...

Thanks Cluff! You're the best!