Monday, July 13, 2009

Surprise Visit

Brynn, Emma, Dave, Me with Maximus in my lap, Holly holding Simon, Eli and Addie.

Friday night as we drove home from the rehearsal dinner, I got a call from my brother! I haven't talked to him in a very long time. He was calling me because he and his family were driving through Nebraska. They live in St. Louis and had been in Utah for the last couple of weeks. He asked if we could meet up when they came through Lincoln and although we had the wedding the next day, I would do anything to see him.

He and his family arrived and I can't explain how great it was to see him. The last time I saw him was at my grandfathers funeral (5-6 years ago) and I hadn't even met his two youngest children. I can't believe how skinny my brother is! And I think he shrunk! His two oldest daughters (Emma and Addie) were so tall and beautiful. And his middle child, Brynn, isn't a baby anymore! The last time I saw her, she was Maximus' age. Eli was running around like a typical 4 year old and little Simon (8 months) was all smiles as he crawled around. My brothers wife, Holly, was all hugs and kisses as usual. His children are the best behaved kids I've ever seen. You can tell they were raised well. I MISSED THEM.

We all hung out, played, talked, laughed and hugged for an hour or so. They couldn't stay for a while since they had a long drive ahead and that worked for us because we had a wedding to get to. Maximus met five of his nine cousins! I'm really at a loss for words because I can't explain how amazing it was to be with them. I love them dearly and I can't wait to live in Salt Lake so we can have them and more of my family visit us at our home. Saturday was one of the best days I've ever had.

Maximus playing with Simon and Emma in the playroom.

No comments: