Sunday, September 6, 2009

Awesome Family Night


Jesse and I recently got bicycles. Man, we are like kids riding those things around and we even ride into the dark night! We got pretty nice ones from Felt...actually they aren't pretty nice, they are SICK! We got Maximus a "Copilot" so he can join us for our daily rides. Pulling him behind my bike up hills is quite the workout and I love it! I'm so out of shape, but each day I get better on the bike.

Jesse gets home at 6:30 instead of 8:15 now, so last night I made a picnic dinner and we went riding! We took a path that goes through the entire city of Lincoln and we stopped at a park to eat and play. I made smoked salmon BLT sandwiches (minus the T) on whole wheat and flax bread with a smoky paprika aioli, corn on the cob, bought some smoked eel sushi and we had Skinny Dip beer to drink. Maximus ate peanut butter on whole wheat flax, corn and a banana with V8 to drink.
While we ate, Maximus got up from the table with his banana and walked to a bench. Jesse and I looked at each other with amazement because it was such a grown up kid thing to do. It almost made me cry.
Little girls at the playground always adopt Maximus. They are so sweet to him.He's actually able to hold on to the rings for about a second. He's a bad ass.
We stayed for an hour and took a long detour home. Here's Handsomer with his V8. It was such a great time! I can't wait to do it again tonight!

2 comments:

Carly said...

He is too cute! It looks like you guys had a good time. We are getting bike trailer in the next couple of days and I am excited to get out and enjoy some much needed workout with the family.

Roundy Clan said...

Sounds like so much fun!