Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Omaha Zoo

Stacey, Jesse, Danny, Vicki, UnkFa (Fletcher), Ransom, Ashlie, Paul, UnkDa (DJ) and The Maximus.

We went to the Omaha zoo this past Sunday and had too much fun. Maximus enjoyed all parts of it, minus the caves. He squeaked and jumped when he got to visit the petting zoo area because everything was his size. We went with Jesse's family and each one of us had a blast! Thank you Guytin and Pawpaw for the gifts!
He's a good pointer.
Maximus and UnkDa during lunch.
Maximus and UnkFa checking out a Black Swan...which was totally beautiful!

UnkFa tickling Maximus.

The relaxing train ride toward the end of the day.
One of the sweetest things I've ever seen! Look closely, just like a human baby! Guess it goes to show we are descendants.
Maximus in the petting zoo.
Maximus giving a goat lovers.
Peeking through some kind of bird cage.

He loved running around on the grass next to the polar bear area.
Maximus was Pawpaw's little Velcro. I have about 12 pictures of him attached to his Grandpa during this trip. In fact, as I'm typing this, Maximus is pointing at the computer saying, "paaaw paaaw..."

Excellent profile picture.
DJ trying to give the lion lovers.
Maximus being carried out of the zoo by Pawpaw. At this point during the day, he didn't want his stroller or anyone else. Just Danny and his blankie. He actually started to fall asleep. It was a total tear jerker.
It was SO much fun! We came home and Maximus and I crashed on the bed watching cartoons. We even ordered dinner out. The animals in the zoo always make me sad and I get the urge to unlock all their cages and set them free, but I practiced self control. Maximus is at the age where he enjoys doing so many different things and he LOVES learning. Jesse and I were talking about different things we can do with him to stimulate him and help him learn and grow. I just enrolled him in another 6 week block of Shark School (swimming lessons) and I'm thinking of joining the Parents as Teachers group. Maybe, it's ultra conservative, which I am not. Anyway, we loved the day. Everyone did. Totally worth it. Thank you Guytin for the brilliant idea and I'm sorry you're not in any of these pictures- Danny hogged them all.

No comments: