Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snow and Birthdays


We had a blizzard earlier this week. It was NASTY. I lived in Salt Lake City for 8-9 years, so I don't mind snow. What I can't cope with is a blizzard. Picture this: mega snow storm with winds reaching 50 mph and the temperature around 0. The roads closed, the city practically shut down and travel wasn't classified as hazardous, it was "treacherous". There's something eerie about a large city closing businesses, schools, restaurants, day cares and doctors offices when mother nature takes over. It makes me feel like we have no control. Anyway, we were snowed in but that was fine because we had a very sick little boy. Poor Beefy. Fever, vomiting and you know what else made him drop a few pounds. He's better now and back to running and jumping.

This is what Jesse shoveled after the snow started falling.
This was taken an hour and a half later. Poor Jackie had no place to pee.
The next morning.
Jesse looking very freaky.
He got his snowshoes out to shovel the driveway but then I found him in the drifts in the back yard. It was 3 degrees, so not a temperature you want to be outside in.
While Jesse was outside, Maximus finally stopped vomiting and fell asleep. I completely covered him in towels and laid next to him in case he threw up in his sleep. He's never thrown up before, so we were freaked out and scared for him. I NEVER want him to be sick like that again. It's not fair for him to be in such discomfort.
On a lighter note, here are Jesse and I before we went to dinner on my birthday. We went to Wilderness Lodge and it was so enjoyable. We both loved it.
Birthday kiss from Maximus.
Jesse's birthday was yesterday and we stayed in and had his family over. It turned out to be so much fun! Oddly enough, I didn't get any pictures of Jesse. Hmm. Of course I got some of Maximus playing with Guytin and Ashlie. He was playing the weirdest game of whatever with them but having a blast running around and screaming.
Poor Jackie was spent by 7:30pm.

1 comment:

Starr said...

You guys have more snow than us! Not fair! I want more snow