Saturday, June 19, 2010

For my Grandparents


My grandparents always had Marigolds planted along their driveway. I always thought the flowers were kind of ugly, they didn't smell good and they remind me of extreme heat. Their driveway would literally bake in the sun and those flowers would thrive.

My grandfather (the man with 8 fingers and all of them were green- that's how awesome he was) kept their landscaping beautiful. Tomatoes, beautiful flowers, the palm tree, apricot tree, carrots, onions, everything. I loved walking around with him when I was a child and delighted when he let me pull up carrots and eat them after he brushed the dirt off.

My grandmother passed in November this year. Now that they're both gone, Marigolds have become the most beautiful flower to me. I want them to grow everywhere! Here's my very first one.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That's really lovely, I like that.