Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let's Go Live at a Ski Resort!

So...we're moving. To Silverthorne, Colorado. It's near Breckenridge and Vail. People keep asking us, "what on earth can you do for work up there besides be a pro skier?" Well, after 9 months off, Jesse is going back to work. He's a heavy industrial electrical foreman (I think I got all that right) and he's building a processing plant on the Climax Mine in Leadville. It's one of the places I'd kill to live in. Absolutely beautiful. The elevation is so high, so there's no air...but it's still breathtaking. (haha, that was a good one!)

He left Sunday and went up to find us a house. I started the packing.

Packing really blows when you miss your man and your son is spazing out because dad isn't home. Maximus and I are both down in the dumps. Today his speech therapist mentioned that the massive wall of boxes we had in our livingroom may have been causing Maximus stress, thus causing him to act out. I removed them. All this was in our livingroom!
We still have about 20 more boxes left in the house. But getting this stuff out and putting up a tiny tabletop Christmas tree made us both feel better. I really can't wait to move so we can actually set up for the holidays and it feels like home. (Great time of the year to move, eh?)

I am SUPER bummed to be leaving Lincoln. I never thought I would this place so much. We've met some of the greatest people we've ever known and we're fortunate to have them in our lives. We are minority shareholders in the bike shop, so those ties will keep us returning to Lincoln several times a year. The people here are warm and real, I loooove the humidity in summer, the cycling community and trails are epic and we love the city of Lincoln itself. Okay, that's enough...I'm actually starting to tear up.

As I was finishing the above paragraph, our friends Jason and Sarah stopped by to see how things were going. Jason even wore Maximus out by tickling and wrestling with him like Jesse does. Sweet people.

No comments: