Thursday, February 3, 2011

Success!

Maximus completed his first "week" of school. He goes Tuesday - Thursday, 8:45 am - 11:45 am. He works with his speech pathologist, Miss Kirsten, during school and he LOVES her. She's great. When I picked up Maximus today, Miss Kirsten and Maximus showed me what they had been working on- the word "bye". Maximus pronounces it as "gye". Miss Kirsten made a hand movement similar to how a monkey would pick a banana and then brought her hand to her mouth saying, "buh". Then she pointed to her eye and said, "eye".

Maximus did the same exact thing and said the word "buh eye". I cried. I am so proud of him.

Miss Kirsten had to go and gave Maximus a hug and said, "I love you Maximus." Maximus hugged her and said, "I wuv you." He received a "bear tag" (sticking to the "buh" sound) as a reward and a spin on the scooter in the gym.

No comments: