Sunday, May 29, 2011

Birthday Party and Boulder

Yesterday Maximus' buddy, Kohl, had a birthday party. All his little friends went to the pool and swam and had a good time.

Maximus and his little girlfriend (depending on the day), Sarah. They climbed to the very top of the big slide and went down all by themselves!

Maximus is so close with his buddies. It will be hard for him next year when a few move onto kindergarten. All the parents of his classmates are so friendly too! I love chatting with them and I'm looking forward to spending time with them during the summer. Have I mentioned we love it here?!

After the party, we went to Boulder to pick up my race packet and check out the city. We got there and we both said, "this is so us." Wow, Boulder is not only beautiful, it's a great size, it's filled with bikes, the people were super nice and chill and there was so much to do. We walked through the sport expo, went to lunch, played, chatted with people, it was fun.

Check out my name under the numbers on my race number. Stacor! I race tomorrow. When I first heard about the 10k, I thought running over 6 miles seemed terrifying. Now, I'm not even worried about it. I do 10 and 12 mile runs twice a week and they'll increase over the summer, so I know it's not hard. While we were in Boulder, Jesse suggested I register for my marathon in October in a booth. We'd get a huge discount if I did, so I did! When I hit "confirm", I cried. I'm going to do something I never thought I could and it feels liberating to work toward a goal! And thank you to my family, friends and my wonderful man for all the love and support.

No comments: