Monday, May 30, 2011

Bolder Boulder!




I ran my race today! It was SO MUCH FUN! I'm so hooked and I cannot wait for my marathon. I seriously want to run a 10K every weekend, it was insanely fun. The crowd was nuts. Some of the other runners were nuts. I ran with 4 dudes dressed head to toe in Teletubby costumes. The course went through downtown and through residential streets. It seemed that nearly all the homes I passed had people on the front lawn cheering us on. They didn't stop there- some had slip and slides, one was throwing marshmallows at us, many had their hose out and sprayed us, one had about 10 people with bowls of Doritios shoving them at us. I passed a frat house and they handed me water, so I thought, and it was beer! I flew on this run. It was at 4,000 feet lower than what I train at, so I felt great. I remember sprinting down a hill with the intent of passing these other tall and thin girls (yeah, I'm THAT vain) and as I flew past them, some dude in the crowd screams, "go tattooed girl! GOOOO!" When we came up the hill into the stadium, we could hear the crowd going nuts. When you enter the stadium...I'm not gonna lie...it felt GREAT. People were leaning over the guard rails with their hands out cheering and telling you to run. Passing the finish line was even better. I know it was just a 10K, but Bolder Boulder is one of the biggest 10K's in the country and man, it was SO MUCH FUN!!!


Check out my fly shoes...I love these things. They might just be the only shoe on the planet that will work for me.

Maximus and me in the lot before taking off. Geez, it took us forever to find parking.

Me getting amped for the race. I ended up throwing those gloves in the trash about halfway.

A cow decided it wanted to stretch with me.

I'm at the very front of the start line, to the very far right. There were over 200 people in my wave. We heard there were over 50,000 people running in the race. I was slow, but I DID manage to score within the top third of all women and my age group!

Jesse snapped this moments after finishing when I was talking to Maximus.

No comments: