Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fishing!

I love our neighborhood. It's beautiful, the people are beyond friendly, everyone keeps their yard nice, the dogs and kids run free, there's a creek, wild animals, beautiful homes, beautiful scenery AND a kid fishing pond! Winning!

The pond is stocked with trout each June. Maximus has a fishing pole. His parents both like to fish. We were all over that in a heartbeat. Jesse came home from work so he, Maximus, my mother (who is visiting...yeah!) and I went to the sporting goods store and got him his first little fishing tackle box. And the excitement begins.

Jesse showed Maximus what he was doing. Maximus was excited.
Jesse cast the line out into the pond. Maximus can cast accurately and we were impressed that he was only 3 and casting better than kids twice his age. But although Jesse and I encourage Maximus to do extreme sports, we agreed him casting a real hook wasn't an option. He's three, dude. Jesse threw it out and we all...waited. And waited. And waited.

Jesse and Maximus moved to a different part of the pond and WHAM! Maximus caught a fish. Me saying 'he was so excited' is an understatement. Then another. And another. AND ANOTHER.

By the end of the evening, Maximus had caught four trout and two additional fish got away. Not bad for his first time fishing. Maximus said the ones that swam away were the "sneaky fish". I'm glad we live less than a block away from the pond so this little boy can go fishing whenever he wants. I'm so glad my mom was able to see the excitement and joy of her grandson's first catch. What a great evening. I love family.

Link to the cute video of him catching his fish:
http://vimeo.com/24809530

2 comments:

Christy said...

Super awesome!! I recently had some trout from my local Earth Fare, and man, that was good stuff. I might be willing to go fishing and eat my catch some day. Thanks for sharing these - that first picture in particular is really, really good.

Roundy Clan said...

That video was so cute!