Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Warrior Dash!



Last week Jesse and I ran in "Warrior Dash". It's a crazy mud run that involves lots of mud, obstacles, climbing and fire jumping. IT WAS SO FUN! Our friends Jason and Sarah from Nebraska were in town visiting, so they hung out with Maximus and Jason took the pictures. I thought I would be able to finish in the front of our group, but of course, my morning sickness kicked in and I ran the race gagging. Jesse helped me over a couple of the hurdles and even offered his hand as I climbed out of the mud pit. I wore daisy duke shorts, soccer socks and my Viking hat. Jesse wore just his cycling bibs. No top. One guy called it a "onesie". Our tight clothes helped when we were weighed down with several pounds of mud!

Jason snapped this on the sofa before we left our house for the race. This is my mean warrior face.

Right when we arrived at Copper Mountain, where the race was held. So excited!

Strolling with Maximus and Sarah in the cute little village.

This is Copper Mountain. It's always this busy. There's still snow on the ski runs!

We found some granola to eat and posed for a picture.

Maximus waiting for us to start. The start line exploded with fire as each racing wave started. It freaked him out.

I'm in the pink shirt about to jump in the mud. Jesse is the dude on his hands and knees already in the mud.

A couple of the fire lines we jumped over.

Finish! Aren't we beautiful?!

This was taken after we showered in the outdoor "Warrior Wash" they provided for everyone. We were freezing. I was numb.

Jesse in very little clothing and me freezing once again. See what quinoa does for a body?!

Look at this picture Jason got of Maximus. Look at that perfect face and hair. We just love him!


No comments: