Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kayaking in Lake Dillon


I must say that I'm grateful to be in a relationship with a guy who loves getting out and doing things, like me. Luckily, Maximus isn't the type of kid to stay home either. We went kayaking in our beautiful Lake Dillon on Monday. We had planned to Sunday, but all the kayaks were booked, so we went to the Vail Farmer's Market and also enjoyed the "Gourmet on Gore" in Vail that day. What a busy, perfect weekend!

I had been kayaking before with my dad in Huntington Beach and Newport back bay. Such a fun thing to do with your kids, fyi. I'll never forget those memories. We rented a kayak for myself, and a double for Maximus and Jesse.

Lake Dillon has dozens of little forest islands in it. We stopped at a few and ate lunch on one. We told Maximus it was our new home, the kayaks were our new cars and the bathrooms were bushes. He took it so...seriously.

I mean, come on...look at our view. And it's not like we have to drive anywhere for a good view, all the views from our house are this great!

See that little speck to the left of the above picture? That's Jesse and Maximus in their boat.


I love my little family.

No comments: