Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blaahhh

I thought it'd get easier each day, but nope. I picked up Claire's ashes Thursday and had a complete meltdown. It sucks. And I have the flu for the third time in 3 weeks! I think it's from the stress of losing Claire among other things that have happened. We were eating popcorn the other night and Jesse took a piece out of the bowl and placed it near her collar. She really liked this particular kind of popcorn. She even let Maximus feed it to her.

Not only are Jesse and I grieving, but Jacqueline is as well. She mopes around the house and has become very clingy. She spends most of the day on the back of the couch looking out window or laying by the back door.

On a lighter note...I got something completely unexpected this morning! Jesse is soooo anit-Valentines Day. He blabs about how commercialized and how pathetic it really is. I love Valentines Day! I've even bought myself flowers one year and told people I did when they asked who they were from. Why not? I get all into it and I have an excuse to eat as much dark chocolate and drink as much red wine as I want. Anyway, I set out Jesse's gifts last night after he went to bed and I honestly wasn't expecting anything. He even asked the most stupid question ever, "Isn't Valentines Day on the 16th?" No idiot, it's the 14th. Don't act dumb. I woke up to him holding a cute little red bag and I was stunned. The anti-Valentine got me a gift! It was so precious. It's a necklace that I saw in a magazine and pointed it out to him only once. It's heart shaped with diamonds and the most important thing of all is it says Maximus Lane on it. Ahh! What a guy! And I thought he doesn't listen 90% of the time. I love him!

No comments: