Saturday, September 26, 2009

Better to Laugh Than Cry

Our morning started out nice. Maximus and I slept and Jesse took off super early to get 9 holes of golf in. After Maximus woke up, we sat in bed watching cartoons. We got up and I started sorting laundry and Maximus came into the bedroom with the used coffee grounds in the filter that were in the kitchen garbage. Wonderful. When I said, "what the..." he took off running and shaking the grounds EVERYWHERE! That started the cleaning.

I started by vacuuming the kitchen floor and when I was almost done, I caught him ripping up the freaking carpet! He found a string or something and pulled on it until the carpet started coming up! Once I finished vacuuming, I used my very last Swiffer refill pad thing and wet cleaned the floor. Maximus kept coming into the kitchen and I kept telling him "no". Finally, in full defiant mode, he bursts into kitchen and attempts to cross the wet floor and slips so hard that he crashes his head into the kitchen door window. Yeah, I realize I should have waited until he was asleep to clean the floor and it's my fault.

I vacuumed the rest of the house and then I fed him. He ate a banana and then I fed cold cereal to him myself to avoid any messes. I set the bowl down (not on his highchair tray, but on the kitchen table) so I could refill my coffee and he reached over and knocked it off. Instead of crying, I laughed at the milk mess on my clean floor. I laughed even harder when I remembered that I had no Swiffer refills. I realize what a whiny, ungrateful bitch I sound like, but since I don't keep a journal, I'll look back at this post and laugh. JACKIE JUST THREW UP ON THE CARPET as I am typing this post. It's bad to start drinking at 1pm, isn't it?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Laugh indeed. Some days just pile on.

Roundy Clan said...

read my last post! I feel your pain. I know it's a challenging day if I pop open a soda before lunch! ;)