Monday, September 21, 2009

Chores

Maximus is 19 months old and he has chores. Actually, he just loves to help me with my chores. I was talking to my mom a few weeks ago and she mentioned how little kids enjoy responsibilities and especially helping mom or dad. Here is his list of duties:

1. Unload the dishwasher. I don't even have to bend over because he hands me the dish, I put it away and once the dishwasher is empty, he closes it up.

2. Put trash in it's place. He will find a teeny-tiny feather from our down comforter, run into the kitchen, lift the lid and throw it away. I went grocery shopping today and after I unloaded the bags, I told him, "pick up all the bags and throw them away, please" AND HE DID!

3. Put all dads shoes back in his closet. He does it in like, 10 seconds!

4. Help mom make the bed. He does this by throwing all the pillows back on the bed after I make it.

5. LAUNDRY. Yes! When I'm stiff like I am today and can't bend over, this is a lifesaver! I opened the washing machine, and took each piece of clothing out and dropped it on the floor. (I'm proud to admit that my floors are so clean, you can eat off them) Maximus picked them up and not only threw them into the dryer, but he made sure nothing was hanging out at all! He hung halfway out of the dryer because he was making sure everything was loaded properly. I handed him a dryer sheet, he threw it in and I said, "close it up guys" and he shut the door. I just hit "on" and we'll see how he does with sorting.

He's so cute and he claps and laughs after he does something to help me. I just love him. He's so important to us.

3 comments:

Christy said...

That's just delightful!

Roundy Clan said...

how awesome! On a side note I will only say this once, I'm not going to bug you about it again but PLEASE don't throw your plastic bags away! SOOOOOOO bad for the environment. Buy some reusable bags. If you have a Sams Club near you they have awesome ones. 3 bucks for 2 gigantic ones! I usually only need two or three on a HUGE shopping trip. Okay I won't bug you again. :)

Stacey said...

You're hilarious! I went and got a Simple Human bag holder thingy and we reuse them for Jackie's poop on her walks.